Chalet Card: What to do in an emergency
In Cross Country 174 pilot and expedition medic Dr Matt Wilkes explains how to react in an emergency, whether on an afternoon hike-and-fly or a month-long expedition. Aimed specifically at pilots his advice is sensible, easy to understand and straightforward.
One of his tips is always to carry a ‘Chalet Card’ with you, to remind you what to do if and when the time comes. Chalet stands for:
Download your Chalet card here in two formats. One to save to your smartphone, or one to print out and put in your wallet or glider bag.
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE