Switzerland’s Peter Neuenschwander managed to eke the most out of the difficult, weak conditions that task five brought, winning the day with 26.946km flown of a 74.362km task. It was enough to put him back on top of the leaderboard. Andreas Malecki (DE) flew the second-furthest of the day, 26.373km.
In the women’s race, the light conditions seemed to suit the Venezuelans, Joanna di Grigoli scoring her first top position with 20.447km flown, 200 metres further than second-placed Marina Olexina of Russia. Fellow Venezuelan Camilla Antonorsi was third-placed, but none of this changed the overall positions in the women’s listings.
RESULTS Superfinal Task 5
1. Peter Neuenschwander CH – Ozone EnZo – 26.946km
2. Andreas Malecki DE – Ozone EnZo – 26.373km
3. Luca Donini IT – Ozone EnZo – 26.344km
1. Joanna di Grigoli VE – Gin Boomerang GTO (52nd overall) – 20.447km
2. Marina Olexina RU– Gin Boomerang GTO (59th overall) – 20.235km
3. Camilla Antonorsi VE – AirDesign Pure (62nd overall) – 20.179km
RESULTS Superfinal Overall after Task 5
1. Peter Neuenschwander CH – Ozone EnZo – 3,295 points
2. Jean-Marc Caron FR – Niviuk Icepeak 6 – 3,273 points
3. Jurij Vidic SL – Ozone EnZo – 3,267 points
1. Petra Slivova CZ – Gin Boomerang X – 2,321 points
2. Seiko Fukuoka-Naville FR – Ozone Mantra M4 – 2,226 points
3. Regula Strasser CH – Ozone Mantra M4 – 2,012 points
3. Porcher Sport
• Got news? Send it to us at email@example.com.
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offersSubscribe today