Understanding the Sky will help you unlock the potential of every flying day.
As cross country pilots, observation and analysis of the ever-changing conditions is crucial if we are to stay in the air and maximise our distance.
Dennis Pagen’s Understanding the Sky covers everything you need to know about the weather as a free flight pilot – from thermal formation to wave lift.
Read this and you will be well on your way to becoming a weather guru. It will help you fly further.
- A classic – a bestseller when it was first published
- One of the first books written by a pilot for other pilots
- Written by Dennis Pagen, one the USA’s longest-serving free-flight pilots
- Explains free-flight meteorology in plain English
- Easy to understand text and illustrations
- Good for paraglider, paramotor and hang glider pilots