Julien Irilli: tandem world record 200km triangle
Julien Irilli and Nicolas Hairon flew a 208km FAI triangle on a Niviuk Takoo 4 on 19 July 2018; if ratified it will be a new tandem world record.
The flight, which started and finished at Col Agnel in France, took ten hours, reaching a maximum altitude of 3,800km. It was windy and turbulent at times in the Ecrins, Julien said.
The claim supersedes the claim Julien filed in April this year for a 189km triangle; the current record is held by Laurent Fanias (BE) for a 127.1km flight on 21 April 2015.
Click to view in XContest
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE