Italian Elio Cataldi won the Pre-European hang gliding championships which took place in Krushevo, Macedonia between 16 and 23 August 2015, flying a Moyes RX 4.
The competition, which was for Class 1 and 5 hang gliders, also doubled as the Slovenian Nationals, and Franc Peternel was first-placed Slovenian on a Wills Wing T2C. In the Class 5 category, the winner was Tim Grabowski of Germany – there were no Slovenian Class 5 pilots in the competition.
Four race-to-goal tasks were scored, ranging in distance from 79.3km to 145.8km.
RESULTS – full listings can be found here.
Pre-Europeans – Class 1 overall
- Elio Cataldi (IT, Moyes RX 4)
- Suan Selenati (IT, Wills Wing T2C)
- Balazs Ujhelyi (HU, Moyes RS 4)
Pre-Europeans – Class 1 women
- Alexandra Serebrennikova (RU, Moyes RX 3)
- Francoise Dieuzeide-Banet (FR, Moyes RX 3)
- Yoko Isomoto (JP, Moyes RX 3.5)
Slovenian Nationals – Class 1
- Franc Peternel (Wills Wing T2C)
- Stanislav Galovec (Moyes RS 4)
- Peter Kejzar (Aeros Combat 09)
Pre-Europeans – Class 5
- Tim Grabowski (DE, Air Atos VQR-TC)
- Patrick Chopard (FR, Air Atos VR)
- Anton Ramauf (AT, Air Atos VQR-TC)
• Got news?
Send it to us at email@example.com.
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offersSubscribe today