Alex Mateos is Paramotor World Champion for the third time, and Marie Mateos is female champion.
The tenth FAI Paramotor World Championships took place in Thailand from 30 April to 6 May.
“I do not have words to describe my joy!”, said Alex, after an “intense” competition with eight scored tasks and a slightly unfamiliar scoring system.
Marie also commented on being slightly outside of her comfort zone with different scale maps (“quite pleasant to use”), and the only available petrol being 95-octane rather than the 98-octane she would have normally used. With long, twelve-hour competition days Marie admitted, “I made mistakes, but I have targeted them so that it does not happen again”.
To round off a truly successful event for the Mateos family, Alex’s father Jean and his passenger Célia Domingues came first in the tandem trikes category.
PF1 solo footlaunch
- Alex MATEOS, FR, 390 points
- Vicente PALMERO RODRIGUEZ, ES, 327 points
- David WAINWRIGHT, AU, 311 points
Nations: France (1082 points), Thailand (901 points), Spain (873 points)
PL1 solo trikes
- Wojciech BÓGDAŁ, PO, 165 points
- Boris TYSEBAERT, FR, 161 points
- Sergei MIKHEEV, RU, 148 points
Nations: Poland (494 points), Russia (389 points), Thailand (293 points)
PL2 dual trikes
- Jean MATEOS, Célia DOMINGUES, FR, 130 points
- Jaroslaw BALCERZEWSKI, Magdalena KLOSS, PO, 114 points
- Adam PUPEK, Piotr KOZIKOWSKI, PO, 109 points
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offersSubscribe today