New Australian paragliding record: 360km
Sebastian Benz, "the happiest paraglider pilot in Australia" and new unofficial record holder. Photo: Pete Bowyer/www.paraglide.com.au
Young Swiss pilot Sebastian Benz flew his Nova Triton 360.47km on 10 January from Deniliquin in NSW, Australia, unoficially taking Godfrey Wenness’ longstanding 335km record from him.
Sebastian has been making full use of the Australian summer, and the seven-hour flight on 10 January is one of five flights of greater than 100km that he has already flown in 2012.
Sebastian Benz' XContest tracklog for his 360km Australian record paraglider flight
• Got news? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to the world’s favourite hang gliding and paragliding magazine
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE