Cross Country Flying is aimed at pilots who can already thermal and want to progress on to flying XC, as well as those pilots who already fly XC but want to know more and get better.
It features a wealth of information, all of which is aimed at making you a better, more informed pilot, capable of flying further and longer than ever before.
Illustrated throughout with full-page photographs and easy-to-understand simple diagrams, the book is an ideal companion to Thermal Flying by the same author, and is a must-have for any pilot serious about learning to fly XC and go far.
The book is hardback, has more than 500 illustrations and is 242 pages long.
It includes chapters and information on:
- Pre-flight planning, route-planning and how to use technology
- Online contest rules and tactics
- Cross country for novices
- Weather and thermalling
- Understanding best glide and McReady
- Need to know essentials: best time to launch, inversions, convergence, crossing valleys, dolphin-flying, tactics, valley winds and more
- How to fly the mountains
- Flatland flying
- In-depth advice from expert XC pilots
- Site guides to international XC sites