The Eigertour hike-and-fly race sets off from Grindelwald, Switzerland on 18 July 2018.
There are pro and amateur categories in the three-day race, which uses Alpine refuges as turnpoints.
The rules are simple:
- A given route to mountain huts
- A photo in front of every hut with equipment uploaded to our FB site
- The first one who arrives after the completed route to grindelwald wins the race
- Only hiking and flying is allowed
- Approved pro-pilots are allowed for the pro-tour
- All the other pilots may compete at the amateur tour
The Disentis Open is an FAI cat 2 “educational open”, that will be held in Switzerland from 18-24 August 2019.
Meet director Martin Scheel will give daily briefings and weather forecasts (pictured above, photo by Andy Busslinger), and there will be lectures and workshops throughout the week. Speakers include Urs Haari (on emergency systems), Jörg Ewald (instruments) and Urs Braun (mental training).
Prizes and rankings will be for Open and Sport Classes (up to EN C).
Registration opens 1 May 2019. The entry fee is CHF 295 for Swiss nationals, or €250 for non-Swiss. Pilots ranking in the top 50 of the WPRS get a free place.