Your free-flying calendar
A pre-PWC round is to be held at Governador Valadares, Brazil from 7-13 April 2019.
It also serves as the first round of the Brazilian Paragliding Championship.
Empesos is to host the 2019 Greek Paragliding Championship, which will also be a pre World Cup event.
Organisers say the site is well known as a competition venue, offering outstanding views, plentiful thermals, friendly locals and excellent fresh local food.
More at Livetrack24.
Bag as many Wainwrights (peaks over 1,000ft* in England’s lake District) as possible in under 28 hours, by foot or by paraglider.
Hike-and-fly rules – you carry your kit, or it carries you. All athletes must stop at night. They can choose to bivy with their kit where they finished up, or book a hotel in town (any transport allowed to get there and back) and return to the spot they stopped at, to restart the next day.
All the rules and sign-up form here.
* (Except Castle Crag which is 950ft)
A second Brazilian pre-PWC for 2019 is to be held in Poços de Caldas, Minas Gerais from 31 Aug to 6 Sep, the week before the PWC round in Pico do Gaviao.
It is also the second round of the Brazilian National Championships.
The magical mayhem of the Coupe Icare takes place on the third weekend of September at Saint Hilaire du Touvet and the Lumbin landing field near Grenoble in the south of France.
A huge trade show takes over two large marquees as well as outdoor stands; demonstration flights from all sorts of craft fill the sky, and the fancy-dress fly down is one of the event’s biggest draws, with some truly crazy costumes. Don’t forget the all-important film festival that runs throughout the long weekend. As well as all of this, the south take-off becomes a children’s wonderland, with activities from kite-making to science lessons to meeting birds of prey.
Paragliding from the sites during the daytimes is restricted to fancy-dress competitors and authorised pilots, but plenty make the early-morning hike to the Dent de Crolles if conditions allow, for a morning fly down among hot air balloons.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE