Your free-flying calendar
Part of the Pre-Paragliding World Cup tour, the US paragliding Open takes place in Chelan from 8-14 July 2018.
The US flatlands of Minnesota are where the Midwest Corn Alps will be held in July 2018. Both hang gliders and paraglider pilots are invited.
“Cosmos, although a small town, has tow roads of gold. You would be surprised how few two-mile sections of rural road are unobstructed by power lines and trees. Cosmos has some of the best. We utilise both N/S and E/W gravel roads for truck tow/platform launches. These are quiet, county roads lined with corn, soybeans, beets and hay for easy bailout LZs as far as you can see”.
Pilots need to be USHPA members, rated H2 or above.
If you come to Texas in August for the 16th Big Spring National Series you can expect big Tasks, smooth thermals, unrestricted landing areas and easy retrieval.
In addition, consistent 1pm cumulus development, air-conditioned HQ and free water and ice cream are in store. Organisers say, “We usually fly big distances every day at Big Spring so be prepared physically.” You have been warned!
The United States Paragliding Nationals takes place from 3-8 September 2018.
It’s a race-to-goal format, with 80-100 pilots racing around the Sequatchie Valley of Tennessee, and the results affect US national rankings and the US World Team selection.
The event is run by Flying Camp.
After a year off, the Santa Cruz Flats race is back in 2018. Run by Jamie Sheldon, organisers say:
Yes! After a year off, we’re coming back to the Francisco Grande for another week of fun in the desert. Come join us again!
Because our tug resources are limited, we are only allowing a maximum of 50 pilots, so you might want to register early.”
You can register at AirTribune by clicking here.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE