Your free-flying calendar
This Argentinean festival celebrates all things free-flight. This year it takes place from 8-9 September, at San Pedro airport northeast of Buenos Aires.
The festival’s goal is to promote the sport among non-flyers, and there are lots of airshows including PPG acro, skydiving, paramotoring, paragliding and hang gliding, free-flight biplanes and hot air balloons. The site is a flatland location so pilots should be tow qualified to fly.
The festival was born in 2016 and the first edition saw 14,000 visitors. 160 pilots took to the skies, and 180kg of food were collected to be donated locally. In 2017 the number of visitors rose to 20,000 people, with twice as many pilots and twice the weight of food donations collected.
More on the event’s Facebook page.
The 2018 Argentinean Paragliding Championships will take place at La Rioja from 14-20 October.
Organisers say you can expect excellent thermal conditions, and enjoy the newly transformed 500m² launch, complete with synthetic grass.
Register at Airtribune.com
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE