Your free-flying calendar
This is the second edition of this “new kind of XC paragliding competition”, where pilots choose their own course and fly as far as they can on whatever glider they have. A handicap scoring system takes glider level into account.
The comp is the brainchild of Marko Hrgetic, who wanted to promote competition flying where pilots’ real XC skills are tested, and where it is not the pilot on the hottest wing who takes the shortest line, who wins.
Pilots fly in teams and are scored individually as well as contributing to their team’s score. Scoring takes into account distance flown and average speed, weighted by glider category. (The formula is explained on the competition rules page, here).
Live trackers are provided by the organisation, and there will be lectures in the evenings.
The 15th Monarca Paragliding Open takes place at El Peñon, Valle de Bravo, Mexico from 13-19 January 2019.
Pilots can register at monarcaopen.com
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE