Your free-flying calendar
The FAI World Hang Gliding Championship takes place every two years, and 2019 is a Championship year! The 22nd event will take place from 12-27 July 2019 in Friuli Venezia Giulia, Italy.
Organisers say tasks will explore far and wide, and may well take pilots across borders into Slovenia and Austria.
The first FAI Pan-American Championships and 2020 Pan-Americans are to be held at Big Spring, Texas from 2-14 August 2020.
The site is renowned for big tasks, smooth thermals, unrestricted landing areas, easy retrieval on multiple roads and consistent cu’s. The air-conditioned head quarters, hangar for setup, free water and ice cream will make life so much easier and more pleasant!
The comp will be live tracked, with Flymaster trackers provided.
The Championships are a USHPA and CIVL sanctioned Category 1 competition; USHPA NTSS and CIVL WPRS points will be awarded.
The Pan-Americans are Category 2 sanctioned; USHPA NTSS and CIVL WPRS points will be awarded.
More on Facebook and Airtribune
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE