Pyrenean Adventure 8: Santa Helena de Rodes
X-Pyr 2016 Turnpoint 8: Santa Helena de Rodes (512m)
A short ascent from the parking area near the former Benedictine monastery Sant Pere de Rodes puts you on the crest of the last ridge before the sea.
The sea breeze can be strong in the afternoon (think, windsurfers) so it’s best to enjoy a morning soar then glide down for a refreshing swim in the Mediterranean and some well-deserved indulgence in the many beachside restaurants.
Congratulations, you have completed the X-Pyr!
From the 2017 Travel Guide’s ‘Pyrenean Adventure’. Find the other turnpoints here.
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE