Never Ending Summer: Pomerode
The Blue Hill (Morro Azul) has this name because in spring and summer it’s covered with blue hortensias. It’s also often covered in paragliders – the natural grassy slope can be reached by car and it’s one of the main sites used by Sol test pilots who are based not far away. It takes winds from northeast through to southeast.
Pomerode itself is a small traditional town where 90% of the population are Brazilians of German descent; the main local language is a Pomeranian dialect. The easy access, height (700m AGL) and smooth thermals make it a favourite among acro pilots too.
Best time: April to october
Photo: Elisa Eisenlohr
From the 2016 Travel Guide’s Never Ending Summer: Elisa Einlehor reveals seven sites that are off the beaten track in Brazil
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
News and special offers. No spam ever
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE