New Slovenian manufacturer Triple Seven have their EN B Rook ready for the start of 2012 season.
Creators the Valič brothers, say it is for “pilots who like to fly safely, but who also wish to try out something new, fun or to complete a challenging or long flight”.
In its development, the brothers say it was taken all over the world and flown by a range of pilots in different seasons and put through its paces in all weather conditions. After all of that, thay are confident that they fully understand its design features and traits, which have been collated from all of the feedback, and are listed here:
- It has a small number of short and thin lines
- It is quick and easy to prepare for flight
- Stable and simple launch
- Very easy to ground handle
- Easy in-flight handling and responsiveness for its class
- Fast on the basic trim and probably the fastest in its class in terms of maximum acceleration (compared to selected highly-competitive EN B and EN C paragliders)
- Great performance,
- Simple entry and exit to/from thermals
- Good into-wind penetration
- Phenomenal stability in all weather conditions
- Forgiving of even the most drastic mistakes of the pilot
- Slow stall speed
They also wanted to mention that in its tests it was found to have a very fast and stable exits from front and asymmetric collapses, even at maximum speed.
The Rook can be ordered now, direct from Triple Seven (email them) or from a dealer, and the first gliders will be available from the beginning of February.
The compay’s website will be fully functional from 5 January 2012.
• Got news? Send it to us at email@example.com.
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offersSubscribe today