Man arrested over Steve Nash killing in Mongolia
Associated Press have reported that a man has been arrested in Mongolia in connection with the killing of Steve Nash, a British paraglider pilot and twice-Red Bull X-Alps athlete.
Published on 14 September 2016 the report read:
Police in Mongolia on Wednesday [14 September 2016] announced the arrest of a suspect in the killing a British tourist in a rare case of violent crime in the landlocked Asian nation.
The 31-year-old man, identified only by his first initial, T, was found in possession of the equivalent of $400 in local currency and a passport believed to have been taken from Steve Nash, who had traveled to Mongolia as part of his paraglider adventures across the globe.
Police spokesman Baatarkhuu Buyant said Nash, 53, had been stabbed in the chest and died of blood loss. His body was found Sept. 1 in Arkhangai province in central Mongolia.
Buyant said the suspect had received a suspended sentence in 2016 for stealing
Never miss an issue
Our subscribers receive 10 issues a year, the annual Travel Guide and exclusive access to competitions and offers
Got a story?
If you have news, great images or a story, let us know
Get in touch
Join the family
By subscribing, you support the only worldwide paragliding, paramotoring and hang gliding magazine and you get:
- Ten issues delivered to your door through the year
- A 100+ page Travel Guide to the world’s best flying sites delivered with the Feb/March issue each year
- Plus: Win a paraglider in our annual subscribers’ draw each January
- Pay annually or monthly with paypal or credit card
Subscribe and never miss an issue
- Published since 1988
- The highest production values
- Gorgeous photography
- Perfect-bound, collectors’ issues
- Ten times a year each issue is airmailed to you
- Read offline on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- The same content as the printed magazine
- Delivered through award-winning Zinio software
Print and digital
- Read the digital issues on your iPad, tablet, laptop or phone
- Keep the print magazines on your coffee table!
- Ten times a year, each issue is airmailed to you and sent via Zinio
News and special offers. No spam ever
© 2017 Cross Country. All Rights Reserved. Website Credit : ALL IS MACHINE